Click here to view the exhibition boards relating to the outline planning application (Feb 2015). [5.64MB]
Stratford-on-Avon District Council's submission Core Strategy (CS) includes proposals for a new settlement near Lighthorne Heath and Gaydon. The CS was submitted to the Secretary of State for Examination in Public (EiP) in September 2014 and public hearings have been taking place during early 2015. Commercial Estates Group (CEG) and The Bird Group are preparing a planning application in line with a Masterplan Framework Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) which has been developed with the Council.
This SPD will be reviewed and amended following further consultation in 2015 and to reflect any changes to relevant CS policies following the Inspector’s Examination in Public and the adoption of the CS. It will form the basis for the assessment and determination of all planning applications submitted within the masterplan area.
An outline planning for this development has now been submitted to Stratford-upon-Avon District Council. The planning application is in line with the Masterplan Framework Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) and is for the first phase of development on the site. It includes a detailed masterplan and outlines the infrastructure provision, transport and environmentall protection and management which will be delivered. It provides for:
- A Village centre including: primary school, community hub, health centre, retail and other services
- 2,000 new homes including extra care housing and affordable housing
- A managed ecological reserve, formal public open space, recreation areas and play areas
- Associated infrastructure including roads, sewers, attenuation ponds and acoustic bunding
The full application and associated documents can be viewed on the Council's website. Below you can find links to key documents as well as the public consultation exhibition boards.
- P1 Illustrative Masterplan
- OPA Land Use
- OPA Density
- OPA Building Heights
- Access and Movement
- Open Space Provision
- OPA Site Location
- Kingston Grange Design and Access Statement
- Kingston Grange Non Technical Summary
- Kingston Grange Planning Statement
- Kingston Grange Transport Assessment
The exhibition materials from the public consultation event held at the end of February 2015 are still available to view on this website, along with the indicative masterplan. Please click the relevant links to the left hand side.